"They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of HIS splendor." ~Isaiah 61:3
Acorn Acres is the childcare and preschool ministry here at Salem Evangelical Church. We value children and take children's ministry seriously, therefore, we are very intentional about what we teach and how we teach it.
We believe the Bible is vital to our ministry. We teach principles based solidly on God's Word in a way that is exciting, creative, and relevant. In our Sunday morning programs we do an overview of the Bible every two years.
We believe the christian life is best modeled through relationships. Each child is placed in a group with adult staff who are committed to building authentic relationships with the children and their parents. We have over 120 volunteers in the preschool ministry who are dedicated to loving your children and helping them learn more about Jesus. For the safety of your child all our volunteers have been screened with a background check.
We believe that church should be fun. We strive to make our church a place where children want to be and we look forward to serving your children. While in our care your child will get to experience singing, stories, games, free play, puppets, color sheets, crafts, and more.
In order to keep our classrooms a safe and healthy place, we ask that you keep your child in your care if they have experienced the following symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Skin infection
- Persistent Cough
- Non-clear, runny nose
Safety is important to us, therefore we have put several policies in place:
- Adults and children are given corresponding family numbers for authorized adults to check-in and check-out children
- Children will NOT be released with out the proper number tag
- Pagers are available for Nursing or concerned parents
- A trained medical staff is available during each service
- All volunteers are screened and background checked before serving in our classrooms
- Twice yearly training is presented to all workers
- A safe ratio of children to adults is required in each classroom